Forum Xamarin Test Cloud (Read Only)

Remote debugging on a real device

Hello everybody, I'm developing a mobile app with Xamarin for both android and iOS and I was wondering if there is any service (like Xamarin Test Cloud or similar) I can use to debug my application on a specific smartphone.
For example, I've been noticed about some errors happening on a Samsung I want to test the code execution on a Samsung S8 real device without buying it (I can't buy any device where errors happen). I need to debug with Xamarin Studio and breakpoints, not only test the app as a final user.
I can't use emulators because I need the stock OS and real device hardware.
Do you know if there is something similar I can use?

I was thinking that maybe I could reach this goal by combining android "ADB over the network" feature with Test Cloud real devices , in order to rent an S8 to check the error and the code execution.

Thanks in advance

• ShantimohanElchuriShantimohanElchuri USMember ✭✭✭✭✭

@RoccoDavideDato If you have a friend who has got a friend who owns S8 and agreeing to help you by running your app, it doesn't matter where he lives in the world, you can use HockeyApp (hockeyapp.com) or Mobile Center (mobile.azure.com) to test, not debug, your app. Since these have got analytics and crash reports, you can use them to debug the issue offline. Otherwise I don't any method to 'debug' on a remote device, like what one can do by connecting it directly to ones own computer.