Forum Cross Platform with Xamarin

Unable to connect to Xamarin Mac Agent

Hi Guys,
I am unable to connect to Visual Studio Mac machine from my Visual Studio IDE. I was able to connect it once but then again started getting the same error as follows in the log :

Xamarin.Messaging.Ssh.MessagingService|Information|0|Starting connection to Mac 192.168.10.39... Xamarin.VisualStudio.Remote.State.DisconnectedState|Error|0|Unable to authenticate with SSH keys. Please try to log in with credentials first Xamarin.Messaging.Ssh.Exceptions.MessagingAuthenticationException: Could not authenticate the user 'radamatic' with SSH keys. Please check that both $HOME folder and ~/.ssh/authorized_keys have the appropiate permissions to use SSH. More details: Permission denied (publickey). ---> Renci.SshNet.Common.SshAuthenticationException: Permission denied (publickey).

Following things i have tried doing :

• Deleting cache xamarin folder - XAM from both iOS & Windows.
  • Installing the stable versions of Xamarin on both the machines.

But none of above fixed the issue. Just to let you know that i am able to access my Mac machine using Putty software on 22 port SSH. So, this means everything is right on the network front.

Please have a look at the Logs.zip file enclosed to guide me where things are going wrong.

Thanks in advance!

Tarun

Best Answer

Answers

• Alain91Alain91 USMember ✭✭

Tarun,

In april 2020, the same problem made me mad ;)

Your solution is ok !

Thanks a lot for sharing !
    Alain :)