XamarinSidemenu decoration not recognized

gbk3gbk3 USMember ✭✭

Tying to implement side menu for my app, but got warning in console like:

mvx:Warning: 0.25 No sidemenu found. To use a sidemenu decorate the viewcontroller class with the 'MvxPanelPresentationAttribute' class and set the panel to 'Left' or 'Right'.

More details here

Can some-one advice what was done incorrect?

Best Answer

• gbk3gbk3 US ✭✭
    Accepted Answer

Spend 2 days to figure out the reason - the issue related to detection and parsing decorator attributes.

I have few projects that share codebase between each other, and due to some reason

[MvxSidebarPresentation(MvxPanelEnum.Left, MvxPanelHintType.PushPanel, false)]

is not taken in to account if it placed in shared project but not in project itself. In same moment

[MvxSidebarPresentation(MvxPanelEnum.Center, MvxPanelHintType.ResetRoot, true)]
        [MvxSidebarPresentation(MvxPanelEnum.Center, MvxPanelHintType.ResetRoot, true, MvxSplitViewBehaviour.Master)]
        [MvxSidebarPresentation(MvxPanelEnum.Center, MvxPanelHintType.PushPanel, true, MvxSplitViewBehaviour.Detail)]

works as expected.

Workaround -> subclass shared menuClass (with MvxPanelEnum.Left) in each project where it should be used.

Not sure if this issue related to mvvmCross lib or to Xamarin.

Answers

• gbk3gbk3 USMember ✭✭
    Accepted Answer

Spend 2 days to figure out the reason - the issue related to detection and parsing decorator attributes.

I have few projects that share codebase between each other, and due to some reason

[MvxSidebarPresentation(MvxPanelEnum.Left, MvxPanelHintType.PushPanel, false)]

is not taken in to account if it placed in shared project but not in project itself. In same moment

[MvxSidebarPresentation(MvxPanelEnum.Center, MvxPanelHintType.ResetRoot, true)]
        [MvxSidebarPresentation(MvxPanelEnum.Center, MvxPanelHintType.ResetRoot, true, MvxSplitViewBehaviour.Master)]
        [MvxSidebarPresentation(MvxPanelEnum.Center, MvxPanelHintType.PushPanel, true, MvxSplitViewBehaviour.Detail)]

works as expected.

Workaround -> subclass shared menuClass (with MvxPanelEnum.Left) in each project where it should be used.

Not sure if this issue related to mvvmCross lib or to Xamarin.