Black screen showing after splash screen

GrantYiGrantYi USMember

In my android application of my Xamarin.Forms app, my splash screen displays fine but after the splash screen, a black screen shows momentarily before loading my main activity. Anyone know how to remove this black screen?

Answers

• PubuduGayanPubuduGayan ✭✭✭ NZMember ✭✭✭
    edited August 2016

Hi @GrantYi can you post your code snippet, I think you might not register your form.

• GrantYiGrantYi USMember

@PubuduGayan can you clarify what you mean on not registering my form?

Thanks,

Grant

• JohnHardmanJohnHardman mod GBUniversity mod

The Android version of my app currently does the same @GrantYi - it's on my list to investigate.

Using some splash screen code that I found in a blog, I have two activities, one is the launch activity that displays the splash screen, the second is the activity for the rest of the app. My guess (I haven't investigated yet) is that when the first activity does

StartActivity(typeof(MainActivity));

the MainActivity takes control of the screen, and between the point it does so and the point that it has fully populated the UI hierarchy for its first page, that is when the black screen appears. I do see the title line at that point, with black below, to be replaced shortly thereafter by the main page of the app.

• MartinGiannechiniMartinGiannechini ✭✭ USMember ✭✭

@JohnHardman @GrantYi hey guys, Can you resolve this? How do you did it? Thanks!

@MartinGiannechini - I got rid of the splash screen activity completely - no more black screen.

• SmeSme ✭✭✭ USMember ✭✭✭

@JohHardman Have you tried again recently? I've been using a splash screen on UWP, iOS, and Android with no issues for a while now. Maybe it was just an old Xamarin issue

edited July 2017

@Sme - No need. I have a splash screen working on all platforms, without needing a separate activity on Android.

The only outstanding splash screen issue I have, is that my Amazon Fire tablet does not show a splash screen. It didn't work with two activities, and it doesn't work with one. I still need to investigate that. On every other test device that I have, the splash screen works.

[Edited] Just found some documentation about creating splash screen for Amazon Fire. Will try that again later.