iOS Application runs when deployed Ad-Hoc but not when deployed via TestFlight

DJNovaDJNova USMember ✭✭

Morning All (in UK at least),

We have been happily developing a iOS and Android application for the past 5 months without any issues however yesterday morning when we deployed a build to TestFlight the application is accepted by iTunes Connect and installs to devices via TestFlight but bombs out after LaunchScreen.

To ensure it wasn't an issue with our code I built the project with no code changes using an Ad-Hoc profile, and the application runs as expected when manually deployed.

The only lines in build logs which I can think that would cause an issue are 2 lines regarding stripping global symbols from a final linked.

12> /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/strip: removing global symbols from a final linked no longer supported. Use -exported_symbols_list at link time when building: /Users/grahamhickson/Library/Caches/Xamarin/mtbs/builds/*************/0d456a1c601c9fad85ecc6fe0a72742b/bin/iPhone/Ad-Hoc/*************/************* (for architecture armv7) 12> /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/strip: removing global symbols from a final linked no longer supported. Use -exported_symbols_list at link time when building: /Users/grahamhickson/Library/Caches/Xamarin/mtbs/builds/*************/0d456a1c601c9fad85ecc6fe0a72742b/bin/iPhone/Ad-Hoc/*************/************* (for architecture arm64)

Project names removed (client would go wild)

After hunting it appears the fix is to disable stripping, however I can't for the life of me find any way within the Visual Studio build system to do this.

Any have any ideas?

Answers

• DJNovaDJNova USMember ✭✭

This appears to be more of an issue with iTunes Connect/TestFlight than Xamarin.iOS.

Will post any updated information I find from Apple for future folk.