Forum Xamarin.iOS
We are excited to announce that the Xamarin Forums are moving to the new Microsoft Q&A experience. Q&A is the home for technical questions and answers at across all products at Microsoft now including Xamarin!

We encourage you to head over to Microsoft Q&A for .NET for posting new questions and get involved today.

Signed Builds Fail on Launch Saying: "{name}.app" is damaged and can't be opened... (Sierra 10.12.4)

pmhart83pmhart83 USMember ✭✭✭
edited June 2017 in Xamarin.iOS

Coming back to a Xamarin.Mac app after a year of not working on the project and can not get signed builds to execute. Running an unsigned debug build works fine. But when doing a signed build, there is first a login prompt for the app store then it's followed by a message that says:

"{AppName}.app" is damaged and can't be opened. Delete "{AppName}.app" and download it again from the App Store.

The Xamarin.Mac app I am talking about already exists in the App Store and has receipt validation code. If the receipt validation fails it just exists and has never before said anything like this.

I read online it might be related to security on OSX so I ran:
sudo spctl --master-disable

This command did not change anything.

I am trying to test the upgrade path with our dev build to make sure the SQLite database is read in the correct location. So far I can not get a store like build to work. This was not a problem last year when we last built the app so I am guessing it's more releated to Sierra and lack of updates to Visual Studio for Mac.

Best Answer

• pmhart83pmhart83 USMember ✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer

I figured out why ... I need to use a sandbox user account for the App Store.

Answers

• pmhart83pmhart83 USMember ✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer

I figured out why ... I need to use a sandbox user account for the App Store.