Forum Xamarin Test Cloud (Read Only)
We are excited to announce that the Xamarin Forums are moving to the new Microsoft Q&A experience. Q&A is the home for technical questions and answers at across all products at Microsoft now including Xamarin!

We encourage you to head over to Microsoft Q&A for .NET for posting new questions and get involved today.

Xamarin Test Recorder Failure connecting to app

MeaganCombsMeaganCombs USMember

Working on recording a test on an Android device using Xamarin Test Recorder on OSX 10.10... After selecting the device and then selecting the app I want to run I see this message. "Android SDK not found. Please install it and if it is still not located, please set the ANDROID_HOME environment variable to point to the directory.

Searched locations:
(No path) - Not set. [ Source: ANDROID_HOME ]
/Users/mecombs/Library/Developer/Xamarin/android-sdk-mac_x86 - Does not exist. [ Source: Xamarin < 3 install path ]
/Users/mecombs/Library/Developer/Xamarin/android-sdk-macosx - Tools not found: zipalign, aapt, adb, android.jar [ Source: Xamarin 3 install path ]
/usr/local/Cellar/android-sdk/ - Does not exist. [ Source: Homebrew install path ]"

I do have the Android SDK installed and ANDROID_HOME environment variable set... what else should I try?

Answers

• ToddBaker.4797ToddBaker.4797 USMember

Any love for this problem?

I am having the same problem.. ANDROID_HOME is set but it doesn't even look in that directory.

• AnthonyMehallelAnthonyMehallel USMember ✭✭✭

hi @MeaganCombs ,

in your Xamarin Test Recorder, go in your preferences -> verify the path of the android SDK Location. Normally it should be : /Users/XXX/Library/Developer/xamarin/android-sdk-macosx .

And verify in your mac, if you have this repertoire.

Anthony M.

• ToddBaker.4797ToddBaker.4797 USMember

Thanks @AnthonyMehallel,

I have reinstalled and verified the SDK address in my preferences and still no luck.

• FlashmarkFlashmark USMember ✭✭

I've similar problem with my IOS app. Any help?

• 15mgm1515mgm15 USMember ✭✭✭✭

@Flashmark did you ever succeeded on this?

• IvanaIvanovskaIvanaIvanovska USMember

@AnthonyMehallel, my Android SDK is located under "C:\Program Files (x86)\Android\android-sdk" and this is where Visual Studio had installed it by default.
    I checked in Visual Studio and the path is set up correctly.

However, I'm still getting exception bellow when application is starting on emulator.

Unhandled Exception:

System.Exception: Android SDK not found. Please install it and if it is still not located, please set the ANDROID_HOME environment variable to point to the directory.

Searched locations:
    (No path) - Not set. [ Source: ANDROID_HOME ]
    /data/user/0/App1.App1/files/Library/Developer/Xamarin/android-sdk-mac_x86 - Does not exist. [ Source: Xamarin < 3 install path ]
    /data/user/0/App1.App1/files/Library/Developer/Xamarin/android-sdk-macosx - Does not exist. [ Source: Xamarin 3 install path ]
    /usr/local/Cellar/android-sdk/ - Does not exist. [ Source: Homebrew install path ]