VS2017 Android EventArgs Error?

Hey everyone,

New to the whole mobile apps scene, and trying to learn a little, so i downloaded VS2017 CE and Xamarin addon to play around a little.
I've managed to do a few basic apps that just show text and so, and it seems to work.
Now i'm trying to go a step further, and I've been testing out a few tutorials around for different tasks i wanna learn, but in most of these, i end up with the error: Error: CS0246 "The type or namespace name 'EventArgs' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)"
This is both when i try to follow guides like:
https://developer.xamarin.com/guides/android/getting_started/hello,android/hello,android_quickstart/
Or when i try to download sample projects and learn from them, it's the same..

In this case, it's in the step 19 in the guide the error line is :cry:

Is there something I'm missing, that i haven't installed or am I doing something wrong?
I've googled around some, and most of the time it's just: you are missing "using System;" and other replies like: Have you tried re-creating the project and tried again (yea, multiple times)...

Would be nice if someone had any tips for a new guy trying to learn :smile:

B.R
Eirik

Best Answer

• xaranthosxaranthos NO
    Accepted Answer

As said over, i already tried adding that. Just gave me a mulitude of errors when i did..
    Ended up reinstalling VS2017 and now it works.

Answers

• kentuckerkentucker USMember ✭✭✭✭✭

If you click on EventArgs which is causing an error a light bulb will appear near it. This is the exception assistant. If you click on it you will see some options on how to fix the error that is causing the app not to compile. I suspect you will see the option to add using System;

• xaranthosxaranthos NOMember
    Accepted Answer

As said over, i already tried adding that. Just gave me a mulitude of errors when i did..
    Ended up reinstalling VS2017 and now it works.