Forum Xamarin Xamarin.Android

Ignore assembly: UsesPermission from imported nugets

I've got a third party library that solves a lot more than I need, and one of the things it does is using the camera. However, that particular portion isn't something I use and thus would like to ignore the "assembly: UsesPermission" where it forces the CAMERA permission to be added to the manifest.

Is there a way to tell the packaging of the Android app to ignore particular permissions or assembly attributes from linked assemblies?

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• FilipEkberg-1FilipEkberg-1 USMember ✭✭

Thanks Jon! That would be very neat..

• AlexanderMelchersAlexanderMelchers NLMember ✭✭

Hi Jon,

Any idea when this feature may be implemented? Our App uses a number of libraries that add conflicting permission-requests to our Android manifest (that is, the permission is once added using the uses-permission-node and once using the uses-permission-sdk-23-node. This did not use to cause any problems, until last June 1st, when Google updated their requirements for App-uploads to Google Play so that this duplicate permission-request is no longer allowed. Hence, we cannot update our App until we find a way to remove the uses-permission-sdk-23-node, which would, of course, be most easily achieved by a merge removal-rule.

Best regards,
    Alexander.

• JonDouglasJonDouglas USXamarin Team, University, Developer Group Leader Xamurai

@AlexanderMelchers

Your best bet to see this feature implemented faster is to comment on the Bug directly with your current situation/limitations. You can also CC yourself to the bug to receive updates once the bug gets slated for a release. On my end, I'll see what we can do to get this on the roadmap.

I hope this helps!

• AlexanderMelchersAlexanderMelchers NLMember ✭✭

@JonDouglas

Thanks for the tip about the bug report! I have indeed added my information to the call and hope that this will help move resolution forward. Also, I appreciate anything you're able to do on your end! :smile:

All the best,
    Alexander.