Xamarin Studio throws XA9005 license error

Hello.

When I build my mono for android application project with Xamarin Studio, msbuild throws the error message like below.

"User code size, 473600 bytes, is larger than 32768 and requires a 'Indie'(or higher) License. (XA9005)"

But I'm using business edition. And also, I logged on with my account in Xamarin Studio.

I'm using Xamarin Studio version 4.0.3 (build 13) on Windows 8 Enterprise K x64.

Can anybody help me to solve this problem?

• mhutchmhutch USMember, Xamarin Team Xamurai

This error is supposed to trigger a popup window that will download and activate your license. Are you not seeing this at all?

Could you please send a build log and the version info from the About Dialog to [email protected]?

• NusnusNusnus USMember

I also get this after buying the indie license.
    In the about dialog it says:
    Xamarin.Android
    Version: 4.6.4 (Starter Edition)
    But how can I change it to my indie license?

Thanks.

• mhutchmhutch USMember, Xamarin Team Xamurai

Activation is done on-demand, i.e. when you encounter a limitation of the Starter edition, Xamarin Studio is supposed to detect the error and automatically trigger activation. It looks like in this case it's not detecting the compiler error correctly, so the activation system is not triggering.

Please contact [email protected] and they can help you to activate manually.

It would be very helpful if you could attach the build output to help us track down the problem. To do this, please open the error pad, click on the "build output" button, copy the full build log, paste that into a text file and attach it to your email to support. Please also include the full information from the "about" dialog.

• caupolicancaupolican USMember

I am having a similar issue, all my builds get installed to the device as if i was using the trial version, I am logged in with my account and still activation does not happens, I can log into my account and my machine is not listed under the licence.

• rkttu.comrkttu.com KRMember

Hello.

Finally, I figured out how to solve this problem. Previous messages are saying this symptom is due to Starter Edition and I found the reason. I solved this problem with these steps.

1. Sign in to developer license page and remove registered computers.
    2. Currently, Xamarin Studio does not work for license update in local computer. (Initially I found this problem in Windows 8 x64, But it still goes on Windows 8.1 x64 too.) I created an android project in xamarin studio. Then, close the xamarin studio and run visual studio 2010 (with Xamarin Add-in enabled), open the project.
    3. Visual Studio + Xamarin automatically updates the license. It affects Xamarin Studio too.
    4. Problem solved.

I think this is a problem. If there are visual studio is not installed (in Windows), license will never changed due to this problem.

Please consider this problem urgently.

Thanks. :-)