Forum Visual Studio

Getting error trying to copy files between projects

I am almost completely new to Xamarin. I recently created a new project in VS 2012 that I want to try to port to Android, so I get a copy of Xamarin (plus an Indie developer license). I had created the Xamarin project in VS2012, but it wouldn't let me work with it in VS2012 because I don't have the higher level license.

Instead, I opened it up in Xamarin Studio. The first thing I wanted to do was create links to the files in the Windows project from the Android project. I started with the images in my content folder.

I selected "Add > Files" and selected the files from the Windows project. When I click "OK" to start the process however, Xamarin studio throws an error (below). I tried restarting the program, and I also tried reinstalling Xamarin Studio. I guess the next thing I can try is re-creating the projects from scratch, but that's kind of a pain. Any suggestions?

System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: path2
at System.IO.Path.Combine(String path1, String path2)
at MonoDevelop.Core.FilePath.Combine(String[] paths)
at MonoDevelop.MonoDroid.MonoDroidProject.GetDefaultBuildAction(String fileName)
at MonoDevelop.Ide.ProjectOperations.AddFilesToProject(Project project, FilePath[] files, FilePath[] targetPaths, String buildAction)
at MonoDevelop.Ide.ProjectOperations.AddFilesToProject(Project project, FilePath[] files, FilePath targetDirectory, String buildAction)
at MonoDevelop.Ide.Gui.Pads.ProjectPad.FolderCommandHandler.AddFilesToProject()
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvokeInternal(Object obj, Object[] parameters, Object[] arguments)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
at System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke(Object obj, Object[] parameters)
at MonoDevelop.Components.Commands.DefaultCommandHandler.Run(Object target, Command cmd)
at MonoDevelop.Components.Commands.CustomCommandTargetAttribute.Run(Object target, Command cmd)
at MonoDevelop.Ide.Gui.Components.NodeCommandHandler.TransactedNodeHandlerAttribute.Run(Object target, Command cmd)
at MonoDevelop.Components.Commands.CustomCommandTargetAttribute.MonoDevelop.Components.Commands.ICommandTargetHandler.Run(Object target, Command cmd)
at MonoDevelop.Components.Commands.CommandHandlerInfo.Run(Object cmdTarget, Command cmd)
at MonoDevelop.Components.Commands.CommandManager.<>c__DisplayClassb.b__2()
at MonoDevelop.Components.Commands.CommandManager.DispatchCommand(Object commandId, Object dataItem, Object initialTarget, CommandSource source)