Forum Xamarin.iOS
We are excited to announce that the Xamarin Forums are moving to the new Microsoft Q&A experience. Q&A is the home for technical questions and answers at across all products at Microsoft now including Xamarin!

We encourage you to head over to Microsoft Q&A for .NET for posting new questions and get involved today.

Share Extension for ios is not working

Lucky147Lucky147 INMember

Hi, While Developing the app for the ios i got stuck. My app require sharing capabilites so i implement the Share extension but it is not working, I simply put alert in the IsContentValid and DisSelectPost method but nothing happening. Moreover when the pop-up comes up after clicking on the extension it also slow downs the ios emulator. When i click on the post button nothing is happening, i want to know whether its bug in Xamarin itself or i am doing something wrong. Please update me

Answers

• NinjaFocksNinjaFocks USMember ✭✭

Did you solve this?

I'm using the await CrossShare.Current.Share(message, title); and package and the method gets hit when I click the button but after this line is called nothing happens.

• kenneth.leekenneth.lee USMember ✭✭✭

@Lucky147 Its hard to tell if its fault with xamarin or your code without showing what you are doing in DidSelectPost and IsContentValid

• SagarPanwalaSagarPanwala USMember ✭✭✭

Any solution for sharing?

• VolodymyrSavchenkoVolodymyrSavchenko UAMember ✭✭✭

@SagarPanwala said:
    Any solution for sharing?

I had this bug right now. Extension worked perfect, but then stopped(started to crash on startup).

Removing bin and obj folders in both projects helped.