idb md5 integrity check failure

When connecting to a mac build host :

Uploaded IDB 4.3.0.784 100%
Integrity check failed between deployed content and local copy. Server path: /Users/gerry/Library/Caches/Xamarin/XMA/Agents/IDB/4.3.0.784, Local path: C:\Users\gerry\AppData\Local\Temp\Xamarin\XMA\IDB\IDB.4.3.0.784.md5
Unable to install the Agent 'IDB 4.3.0.784'

The Xamarin Mac Agent could not be fully started. Agents not started: IDB 4.3.0.784. Please check the logs for more details.
Connected to the Mac Mac09.local. (172.16.0.118) with Limited support.

Both VS 2015.3 + Xamarin for vs ( windows 8.1 ) and Mac ( OSX 10.11.6 ) are fully up to date.

1 - where are the logs that I am supposed to check for details ?
2 - any idea how to solve this issue ?

Gerry

Tagged:

Best Answers

• gs.7511gs.7511 US
    Accepted Answer

The issue seems to be with the md5 file on the windows machine - I generated the md5 s for the /Users/gerry/Library/Caches/Xamarin/XMA/Agents/IDB/4.3.0.784 folder on the mac and it looks like the md5 has 4 extra lines - deleting the last 4 lines in the .md5 solves the issue

Answers

• gs.7511gs.7511 USMember
    Accepted Answer

The issue seems to be with the md5 file on the windows machine - I generated the md5 s for the /Users/gerry/Library/Caches/Xamarin/XMA/Agents/IDB/4.3.0.784 folder on the mac and it looks like the md5 has 4 extra lines - deleting the last 4 lines in the .md5 solves the issue

• BobMcLellandBobMcLelland USMember ✭✭

I'm skeptical every time I run a Visual Studio Xamarin update. My Mac connection was working fine and the simulator was working perfectly until today when I installed Xamarin 4.3.0.784. I even said to myself "I bet this breaks something" as I clicked the install button. I guess I'm a glutton for punishment.

The log files can be found by clicking Help > Xamarin > Open Log Files. I'm looking at my log file now and examing error messages. I'll post again if/when I find something worthy. Here is my version info, hope it helps....

Xcode v8.1 (8B62)
    VS 2015
    Xamarin 4.2.0.784

Here are a few suspect lines from the log file that I am looking in to.

Xamarin.VisualStudio.IOS.Messaging.MacServer|Information|0|The Xamarin Mac Agent could not be fully started. Agents not started: IDB 4.3.0.784, Designer 4.3.0.784, Build 4.3.0.784. Please check the logs for more details.
    Xamarin.VisualStudio.Remote.State.ServerStateContext|Information|0|Server State transition from DisconnectedState to SshConnectingState on Bob-iMac-2.local (172.20.219.53)
    Xamarin.Messaging.Ssh.MessagingService|Information|0|Starting connection to Mac Bob-iMac-2.local...
    Xamarin.Messaging.Ssh.MessagingService|Information|0|Starting Broker 4.3.0.784 in port 54892...
    Xamarin.VisualStudio.Remote.State.ServerStateContext|Information|0|Server State transition from SshConnectingState to SshConnectedState on Bob-iMac-2.local (172.20.219.53)
    Xamarin.Messaging.Ssh.MessagingService|Information|0|Connection successfully established with the Mac Bob-iMac-2.local:54892
    Xamarin.VisualStudio.Remote.State.ServerStateContext|Information|0|Server State transition from SshConnectedState to AgentsStartingState on Bob-iMac-2.local (172.20.219.53)
    Xamarin.VisualStudio.Remote.State.ServerStateContext|Information|0|Starting agents on Mac Bob-iMac-2.local (172.20.219.53)
    Xamarin.Messaging.Ssh.MessagingService|Information|0|Starting Agent IDB 4.3.0.784...
    Xamarin.Messaging.Ssh.MessagingService|Information|0|Starting Agent Build 4.3.0.784...
    Xamarin.Messaging.Ssh.MessagingService|Information|0|Starting Agent Designer 4.3.0.784...
    Xamarin.Messaging.Ssh.MessagingService|Information|0|Agent Build 4.3.0.784 is running
    Xamarin.Messaging.Ssh.MessagingService|Information|0|Agent IDB 4.3.0.784 is running
    Xamarin.VisualStudio.IOS.SettingsProvider|Information|0|Set Xcode path failed and default path was set.
    Xamarin.VisualStudio.IOS.Messaging.MacServer|Error|0|The installed Xamarin.iOS (version 10.2) on the Mac Bob-iMac-2.local (172.20.219.53) is not compatible with the local Xamarin.iOS (version 10.4), hence the connection will be cancelled. Please select a new server from the Xamarin Mac Agent dialog or install the correct Xamarin.iOS versions
    Xamarin.VisualStudio.Remote.State.ServerStateContext|Information|0|Server State transition from AgentsStartingState to DisconnectedState on Bob-iMac-2.local (172.20.219.53)
    Xamarin.VisualStudio.Remote.State.ServerStateContext|Information|0|Disconnected from the Mac Bob-iMac-2.local (172.20.219.53)
    Xamarin.Messaging.Ssh.MessagingService|Information|0|The underlying client has been closed
    Xamarin.VisualStudio.Remote.RemoteServer|Error|0|An error occured starting the Designer 4.3.0.784 agent: Unable to connect to the Mac in order to execute the SSH command

Xamarin.Messaging.Exceptions.MessagingException: Unable to connect to the Mac in order to execute the SSH command
    at Xamarin.Messaging.Ssh.SshCommandRunner.ValidateConnection()
    at Xamarin.Messaging.Ssh.SshCommandRunner.d__6.MoveNext()
    --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
    at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
    at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
    at Xamarin.Messaging.Ssh.SshCommands.d__13.MoveNext()

The frustrating thing is that my dev environment worked fine until the latest update.

Ok, I resolved my situation. Here's what I did, hope it helps someone.

• Upgrade to Xcode 8.2 on the Mac
    • Check for Xamarin updates on the Mac machine
      • Open Xamarin Studio on the Mac
      • Click on Xamarin Studio Community in the upper left (it might say something different depending on your version)
      • Click on Check for Updates

After all the Xamarin updates installed, I reconnected to the Mac through Visual Studio on my Windows machine. However, I received a new error when running my app. It was something about enabling the managed linker. I had to go to the project properties and change the build settings.

• Right click on the project in Solution Explorer
    • Under iOS Build change Linker Options | Linker Behavior to "Link SDK assemblies only", and save

My project now launches the Simulator on the Mac and runs successfully from my Visual Studio Xamarin project on my Windows machine.

If you're curious, here's a URL to some info about the linker....

https://developer.xamarin.com/guides/ios/advanced_topics/linker/

Good luck everyone!

• RenDonRenDon USMember

What she said.

I removed Windows temporary Xamarin folder from users/username/AppData/Local/Temp and it worked.

• rozgonyirozgonyi USMember

@Vlad_Servitola said:
    I removed Windows temporary Xamarin folder from users/username/AppData/Local/Temp and removed Mac /Users/username/Library/Caches/Xamarin/XMA folder
    Now everything works

saved my life, thanks :)