Forum General

Announcement:

The Xamarin Forums have officially moved to the new Microsoft Q&A experience. Microsoft Q&A is the home for technical questions and answers at across all products at Microsoft now including Xamarin!

To create new threads and ask questions head over to Microsoft Q&A for .NET and get involved today.

build cross platform apps using only one laptop - macbook pro only option?

step8601step8601 USMember ✭✭

if i want to develop cross platform apps using just one laptop and utilize the droid and ios emulators in VS 2017 and deploy to apple store, etc, it sounds like my only option is to use a macbook pro (i say pro cuz of pro capability)

the win version of VS 2017 can even compile ios stuff as i understand things but that you need a mac machine for official deployment to apple store

i've read about mac mini options and such but i'd rather have a single box that i can work in, run my eLife out of so to speak

sound like i'm on target?

thanks

Best Answer

• step8601step8601 USMember ✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    thanks a ton, much appreciated

Answers

• BytesGuyBytesGuy GBXamarin Team Xamurai

If you are after one machine that can do it all then a MacBook Pro would be the best choice. You can use Visual Studio for Mac to build both iOS and Android apps and run Visual Studio 2017 in a virtual machine if you require anything Windows based.

• step8601step8601 USMember ✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    thanks a ton, much appreciated