Forum General

Announcement:

The Xamarin Forums have officially moved to the new Microsoft Q&A experience. Microsoft Q&A is the home for technical questions and answers at across all products at Microsoft now including Xamarin!

To create new threads and ask questions head over to Microsoft Q&A for .NET and get involved today.

How to convert a windows app to IOS app ?

Flo_Flo_ FRMember

Hello,

I'm a beginner in Xamarin. ;)

I have a final and working app developed in C # for Windows Phone and I have to make it for IOS phones.

I was wondering if it's possible to use the Windows app to make the IOS app, I tried but I was always stopped by error like 'System.Net.Http.headers is unnecessary' and then 'the type or namespace name httpClient could not Be found '. And all these errors are obvious because 'System.net.http.headers' is not on Xamarin.IOS framework.

Thank you so much for your help and have a nice day ! ;)

Answers

• MarkVincentMarkVincent PHMember ✭✭✭

If it is Xamarin.iOS, Microsoft Http is available in nuget :) Just simply search it and install to your xamarin.ios. Otherwise, the best approach is you create a portable class library or shared project to make your life more easier :)

• Flo_Flo_ FRMember
    edited May 2017

Thank's for your answer ! :)

When you say "shared project" it's a Xamarin.form project ?

And when I try to add Microsoft Http (with nuget) I have this error :
    "Could not install package 'Microsoft.Bcl.Build 1.0.14'. You are trying to install this package into a project that targets 'Xamarin.iOS,Version=v1.0', but the package does not contain any assembly references or content files that are compatible with that framework."

• mattwardmattward GBMember Xamurai

Install the latest Microsoft.Bcl.Build version 1.0.21 first before installing Microsoft.Http. The 1.0.21 version can be installed into a Xamarin.iOS project.

• Flo_Flo_ FRMember

Thank's Matt :)

I guess I can't install package Windows. like 'Windows.UI.Xaml.Shapes' into a Xamarin.IOS project ?

• mattwardmattward GBMember Xamurai

Correct you cannot use Windows specific packages or code in your Xamarin.iOS projects.

• Flo_Flo_ FRMember

All right, obvious ! :smile:

So now, I need to find an alternative for all Windows packages, not the funny part. :neutral:

Thank you for your answers ! <3