Provisioning Profiles in my Account Apple Developer

JorgeRochaJorgeRocha USMember
edited May 2017 in Visual Studio

Maybe it's not the right forum to ask this but ...

Hello and good day.

I have a very simple doubt (maybe too ridiculous for some), I'm too new in the iOS development world, at the moment I'm working on Visual Studio for Mac (Xamarin) and I want to run my application on a device physical in this case a IPhone 5 and unfortunately I can not since I need a provisioning profile installed to be able to run / install an application on the device.

Then beforehand I know that I must have a developer account, for which it is obvious that I have created it, it is also necessary to request a certificate to be able to download the provisioning profile, I have already requested the certificate in Keychain Access.

So my real question is whether I should join (Buy it) the Apple Developer Program in order to have the Certificates, Identifiers & Profiles option / function enabled in my Apple Developer account.

Thanks in advance and greetings.

P.S. For the moment I do not want to publish the app in AppStore I just want to be able to run the application on a device.
P.S.2 I have installed Xcode 8.3.2

Best Answer

• JimBennettJimBennett GB ✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer

If you just want to run on a device and don't mind a little bit of work every week you can generate temporary profiles using Xcode. Create an Xcode project with the same bundle ID as your Xamarin app and run it on your device. Xcode will create a temporary profile for you for that bundle ID. You can then run your Xamarin app on your device - though you will need to 'trust' your app from the settings before it will run.

Answers

• JimBennettJimBennett GBXamarin Team, Insider, University, Developer Group Leader ✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer

If you just want to run on a device and don't mind a little bit of work every week you can generate temporary profiles using Xcode. Create an Xcode project with the same bundle ID as your Xamarin app and run it on your device. Xcode will create a temporary profile for you for that bundle ID. You can then run your Xamarin app on your device - though you will need to 'trust' your app from the settings before it will run.