Remove padding(frame)/margin(button)

RexHopeRexHope PHMember ✭✭

Hi all,

Please see the attached image for my problem.

Expected:

Result:

Do anyone have the idea to remove these remnant spaces of the Frame/Button? I have tried trying to make it 0 or negative for the padding of frame, and 0 for the margin of the button, and it's not effective. Ps: Using Android emulator

Thanks!

Tagged:

Best Answer

• RexHopeRexHope PH ✭✭
    edited May 2017 Accepted Answer

@LuukJongebloet @lpdavies

Well, I actually did both of your suggestions, I used a custom renderer for this one just to remove the margin/padding of the button/frame, but for this one, I focused on the button.

For my button (droid renderer) I used android:left="-20dp/0dp" android:right="-20/0 dp" android:bottom="-20/0dp". I do not have a mac to check for iOS, so sorry IOS people.

Thanks!

Ps: I already solved the problem though I filled up the remaining spaces with the button.

Answers

• LJongLJong NLMember ✭✭✭

Code please of the frame because I might expect that you didn't put the content inside the frame inside a layout for example stacklayout.

• seanydaseanyda GBMember ✭✭✭✭✭

Check the container view, for example if you're using a Grid make sure the Padding is 0, Margin is 0 and the ColumnSpacing is 0. By default the column and row spacing in a Grid is 5 and the StackLayout spacing property is 5 too.

• RexHopeRexHope PHMember ✭✭
    edited May 2017 Accepted Answer

@LuukJongebloet @lpdavies

Well, I actually did both of your suggestions, I used a custom renderer for this one just to remove the margin/padding of the button/frame, but for this one, I focused on the button.

For my button (droid renderer) I used android:left="-20dp/0dp" android:right="-20/0 dp" android:bottom="-20/0dp". I do not have a mac to check for iOS, so sorry IOS people.

Thanks!

Ps: I already solved the problem though I filled up the remaining spaces with the button.