Forum General

Announcement:

The Xamarin Forums have officially moved to the new Microsoft Q&A experience. Microsoft Q&A is the home for technical questions and answers at across all products at Microsoft now including Xamarin!

To create new threads and ask questions head over to Microsoft Q&A for .NET and get involved today.

Can't access breakpoints

GuyProvostGuyProvost CAMember ✭✭✭

Just updated the latest Mono runtime and now can't access breakpoints. The project is in debug but I see empty red circles instead of full red circles. Deploy the app using mono 5.0.1.1 and 4.8.0.... Same thing with both.

I have the same problem with Xamarin Studio (latest) and VS 2017 for mac (updated)

Any ideas ?

Best Answers

• GuyProvostGuyProvost CAMember ✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer

I ended up reinstalling VS 2017 and environment and restart... I can access the breakpoints. Now the problem is that I have legacy code that seems to rely on older mono runtime (since VS 2017 only install 5.0). Now that older code dont even compile!

Accepted Answer

To anyone interested, on a new installation, you'll only get the current Mono runtime.

So if like I you depend on older stuff, like a dated XF which wont run on mono 5.X, just install the mono runtime 4.8.0 and select it on the project menu.

Answers

• AwodamAwodam ATMember ✭✭

I have same problem 3 months ago, i have restarted my computer and clean solution.

• Vlad_ServitolaVlad_Servitola USMember ✭✭

I had simular problems with the latest xamarin ios build (10.10) week ago. I had downgraded to ios 10.8

Try to change Linker Options in iOS proj properties. Try to set "Don't link".
    Another options is to set false in proj build configuration.

Accepted Answer

I ended up reinstalling VS 2017 and environment and restart... I can access the breakpoints. Now the problem is that I have legacy code that seems to rely on older mono runtime (since VS 2017 only install 5.0). Now that older code dont even compile!

Accepted Answer

To anyone interested, on a new installation, you'll only get the current Mono runtime.

So if like I you depend on older stuff, like a dated XF which wont run on mono 5.X, just install the mono runtime 4.8.0 and select it on the project menu.