Forum General

Announcement:

The Xamarin Forums have officially moved to the new Microsoft Q&A experience. Microsoft Q&A is the home for technical questions and answers at across all products at Microsoft now including Xamarin!

To create new threads and ask questions head over to Microsoft Q&A for .NET and get involved today.

Files lost after hard drive crash. Can I get them back from phone I've debugged on?

KindenKinden SEMember

Hello. I lost all my code files for my application when my hard drive crashed. I thought I had a backup but I didn't. Is there any way of getting the code back from the phone I debugged the application on? I've got the app at it's current state on my phone and I can use it whenever I want so shouldn't it be possible to get the files back in some way?

Thanks in advance

Answers

• kentuckerkentucker USMember ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't know of any way to get the files back from the phone. I do recommend signing up for Visual Studio Team Services to get free source control. If you use it as long as you check in your code regularly you will have a copy of your code if the hard drive fails.

https://www.visualstudio.com/