Forum Xamarin.Android

Is anyone else getting a build failure with the latest Xamarin update?

EasyGoingPatEasyGoingPat GBMember ✭✭✭
edited May 2017 in Xamarin.Android

I have just updated Xamarin to the latest Stable version 4.5.0.443 and now get a build error on my Xamarin.Android build. The error is as follows:

**2>C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\14.0\bin\Microsoft.Common.CurrentVersion.targets(3813,5): error MSB3027: Could not copy "obj\Debug\MyProject.dll" to "bin\Debug\MyProject.dll". Exceeded retry count of 10. Failed.
2>C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\14.0\bin\Microsoft.Common.CurrentVersion.targets(3813,5): error MSB3021: Unable to copy file "obj\Debug\MyProject.dll" to "bin\Debug\MyProject.dll". The process cannot access the file 'bin\Debug\MyProject.dll' because it is being used by another process.

The above is duplicated for each of the projects that Xamarin.Android depends upon.

There is nothing running on my machine that should be locking these files. Something inside Visual Studio appears to be at fault, because if I quit VS, and manually delete all \obj and \bin folders, I can then successfully do a Rebuild All.

My iOS project still builds fine.

The Android and iOS projects both built every time prior to the update.

Anyone else seeing anything like this? Anyone have any ideas how to begin debugging this?

Kind wishes ~ Patrick

Best Answers

Answers