Open a file with single click

I was not able to find the setting to open a file with single click in Xamarin Studio. Is there a setting for it?

Thanks

Answers

• vkt_rbvkt_rb ✭✭✭ USMember ✭✭✭

Hi @AdamMendoza, what are you specific trying to with the part of

open a file with single click in Xamarin Studio

• vkt_rbvkt_rb ✭✭✭ USMember ✭✭✭

What kind of file or what would you like to do?

• AdamMendozaAdamMendoza USMember

When I'm in Tamarin looking at the files for my project, I'd like to click on them and have them open in the editor with a single click rather than having to double click them.
    Thanks!

• DaveHuntDaveHunt ✭✭✭✭✭ USMember ✭✭✭✭✭

There is no option to do that.

• AdamMendozaAdamMendoza USMember

Thanks for answering. I hope that feature gets added in the future. I'm about to get started on a project and I'd like to see features like those in well developed IDEs like Visual Studio and the Jet Brains IDEs

• AllanYoungAllanYoung USMember

This would be a great feature. Having to double-click a file to select it for editing is painful. In contrast, I really like that in Xcode that you can just single click or arrow through files to select the current file.

• JGoldbergerJGoldberger Xamurai USMember, Forum Administrator, Xamarin Team, University Xamurai

Please feel free to post feature requests on our User Voice page: xamarin.uservoice.com

• Amir-JAmir-J ✭✭ USMember ✭✭

Yeah, I would really like to see that as well. Compared to XCode, this double click is not really ideal.
    A

• bountybobbountybob GBMember

+1 for the single click feature. Having to double click makes no sense.

• JeffSchmitz.3736JeffSchmitz.3736 USMember

+1 Single click a la Xcode