Forum Xamarin.Forms
We are excited to announce that the Xamarin Forums are moving to the new Microsoft Q&A experience. Q&A is the home for technical questions and answers at across all products at Microsoft now including Xamarin!

We encourage you to head over to Microsoft Q&A for .NET for posting new questions and get involved today.

Element in the VisualElementRenderer is not my generic type.

Hi
I followed the example - https://developer.xamarin.com/guides/xamarin-forms/application-fundamentals/custom-renderer/hybridwebview/ to create a hybrid web view. It works fine in Andriod project but I have issues with the iOS project. In the OnElementChanged override, the Element property is always Xamarin.Forms.Element type which is the base type and not my generic view type (TElement). I have rechecked my code multiple times but cannot find any fixes. If I download the original code and run it, it works fine. The issue is only in my project.

Can anybody give me pointers as to why I might not be getting the generic TElement type. In the original project , the TElement type is HybridWebView. In mine I have a different name but with almost all the same properties and methods.

Best Answer

Answers