Forms Previewer take too much of CPU and memory

SyooianSyooian USMember
edited March 2017 in Xamarin.Forms

Hello,

Today I install the latest VS2017 Community and open a new .Forms project, and I find that if you open the Forms Previewer and editting your .xaml file for a while, the memory usage is going higher and higher, and CPU is full running, this cause my PC so slow, if I want to stop this is close the VS now, or just don't do anything for a while, and this situation will return normal. I don't know what just happen.

Sorry for my bad English :neutral:

Java : 1.8.0_111 x64

• chrisgatechrisgate NGMember

Mine refused to work.....can u share setting?

Thanks

• SyooianSyooian USMember

@chrisgate said:
    Mine refused to work.....can u share setting?

Thanks

Hi chrisgate,
    Do you mean my Xamarin option setting?

I just set the 64bit JDK, Android NDK(didn't change it because already set when Xamarin installed) and update the Android SDK

• xsxxsx USMember ✭✭

I am also having this exact problem. Any solution yet? I even reinstalled Windows 10 + Visual Studio 2017.
    CPU: Intel Core I7 6700K

Any help would be very much appreciated!

• N_BauaN_Baua INMember ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi,

Try changing the process affinity, sure this may not help a lot with faster previews, however you should be safe on the CPU over consumption over 90% part.

I am sure the deploying too often on simulator is painful and live preview is always better, however I find nox player much better with this regards, I guess less worried at-least for Android with it when I can check the APK right away.

Hope this helps.

Regards
    N Baua