How to get the Current Page Name in Tabbed Page

How to get the Current Page Name in Tabbed Page
Scenario:
1. A tabbed Page Two Tabb's where Both refers to the same Content Page with Two instance

I am trying to basically make IsVisible check while binding an element in Content Page based on which Page is in View

Answers

• AdamPAdamP AUUniversity ✭✭✭✭✭

@Scorpian1990 - The TabbedPage has a CurrentPage property that gets the current page. The only way to distinguish which one is which is either by adding a custom property to the pages.

e.g. you can get both pages to inherit from a new base class that inherits from ContentPage and add in the property PageId.

But I am thinking the better approach would be triggering an event from the OnAppearing() function on the actual page to do something. Though be warned that WinPhone acts a little different (https://bugzilla.xamarin.com/show_bug.cgi?id=37008)

• MikeDennisMikeDennis USMember ✭✭
    edited January 2016

@AdamP tried to implement and totally confused, can you share me any working example?

• JohnSmith.0620JohnSmith.0620 USMember ✭✭

This is probably a little late, but for the benefit of anyone else finding this page, below is a super-simple example code:

In your TabbedPage, put the following:

string currentPageName = "";
    protected override void OnCurrentPageChanged()
    {
        base.OnCurrentpageChanged();

currentPageName = CurrentPage.Title;
    }

Every time the page changes, currentPageName gets assigned the new page's title. Within OnCurrentPageChanged(), I guess you can change whatever needs to change. For example, I change the ToolbarItems depending on which tab I have selected.