Forum General


The Xamarin Forums have officially moved to the new Microsoft Q&A experience. Microsoft Q&A is the home for technical questions and answers at across all products at Microsoft now including Xamarin!

To create new threads and ask questions head over to Microsoft Q&A for .NET and get involved today.

StackTrace when debugging shows Unknown identifier: Instance



  • TeknomeTeknome CAMember ✭✭

    Using Microsoft Visual Studio Professional 2017 (Test) Version 15.1 (26403.0)

    Still have the problem... debuging is a pain... I can't believe still there after what? 3 years?

  • PrullebakPrullebak NLMember ✭✭

    Same thing here. Debugging in Xamarin Studio on Mac OS not working in most cases..

  • gulitskiygulitskiy USMember ✭✭

    i found, just use the fully-qualified object name

  • ST.7899ST.7899 USMember ✭✭

    i have this issue after updating visual studio and xamarin forms ( not sure which one creates the problem )

    Fully - qualified name didn't work for me.

    Please any workaround ?? i don't want to Re-Install Visual Studio .

  • FredyWengerFredyWenger CHInsider ✭✭✭✭✭

    @Teknome, @ST.7899

    Hi all

    I have updated to VS2017 (15.7.5) and .forms 3.1 (from VS2015 and .forms 2.3.x) and now it works!
    The whole environment now generally works better - so I can recommend the update.

    Hope this helps somebody...

  • ST.7899ST.7899 USMember ✭✭


    Thanks but i am at Visual Studio 15.8.4 with Latest Xamarin Forms and to take it further.. i have download and install Visual Studio Preview.. the problem still exists in both versions.

    Targeting Android Oreo

    Before i was in XF 2.05 or 2.5 (i don't remember exactly ) with Visual Studio 2017 and didn't have any problems

    The following link was posted a few days ago.

    I am thinking to un-install both versions of Visual Studio and reinstall them again. Not sure if this fix the issue.

    However i will post my sample code here were i have the issue if anyone can give some help..

    Note that before it was running just fine. This happen after the update ( not sure what it causing it. Xamarin or Visual Studio )

Sign In or Register to comment.