Can't install Microsoft.ProjectOxford.Face NuGet into Xamarin Studio iOS project

I tried a lot, but I can't install Microsoft.ProjectOxford.Face NuGet into Xamarin Studio iOS project.

I got this error:

"Could not install package 'Microsoft.ProjectOxford.Face 1.2.5.1'. You are trying to install this package into a project that targets 'Xamarin.iOS,Version=v1.0', but the package does not contain any assembly references or content files that are compatible with that framework. For more information, contact the package author."

I tried to update all packages, also Xamarin and still same problem. Only this package does not work - other like Newtonsoft.Json, Mircosoft.Net.HTTP and many other was installed correctly. I tried to install first Microsoft.BCL also Microsoft.BCL.Build and it also does not work.

Maybe you have any thoughts what can I do to make it work?

Answers

• bartoszblazewiczbartoszblazewicz USMember ✭✭

Hi guys,

I figured out that I can create new PCL project into my solution with iOS project add Microsoft.Project.Oxford.Face NuGet and get reference from PCL project to my iOS project. But it doesn't help me a lot I think. Will I have to rewrite my app from iOS project into PCL project?

Is there any way to add Microsoft.Project.Oxford.Face NuGet into my iOS project? I really need that because it is my college project and I have to show connections between C# and C-obj and it is much easier to show it in iOS project not in cross-platform code.