Forum Xamarin.iOS
We are excited to announce that the Xamarin Forums are moving to the new Microsoft Q&A experience. Q&A is the home for technical questions and answers at across all products at Microsoft now including Xamarin!

We encourage you to head over to Microsoft Q&A for .NET for posting new questions and get involved today.

Error when connecting to mac through visual studio 2017

KDWKDW USMember ✭✭

I have visual studio 2017 installed on my windows 10 and a project came up for ios, for me to start I have to connect with my mac to run the emulator. The mac is already in the network, when I go to login he gives the error

My error log
Xamarin.Messaging.Ssh.MessagingService | Information | 0 | Starting connection to Mac 192.168.1.17 ...
Xamarin.Messaging.Ssh.MessagingService | Information | 0 | Starting Agent 4.3.0.784 on port 52014 ...
Xamarin.Messaging.Ssh.SshCommands | Error | 0 | Could not find a Mono installation on Mac
Locations Investigated for Mono on the Mac: / usr / bin / mono64, /Library/Frameworks/Mono.framework/Versions/Current/bin/mono64
Xamarin.VisualStudio.Remote.State.DisconnectedState | Error | 0 | The Broker initialization has exceeded the time limit of 60000 milliseconds without receiving confirmation from the Broker.
System.TimeoutException: The Broker initialization has exceeded the time limit of 60000 milliseconds without receiving confirmation from the Broker.
In Xamarin.Messaging.Ssh.BrokerCommands. d__9.MoveNext ()
--- End of stack trace from the previous location where the exception was raised ---
At System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess (Task Task)
At System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification (Task Task)
In Xamarin.Messaging.Ssh.MessagingService. d__87.MoveNext ()
--- End of stack trace from the previous location where the exception was raised ---
At System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess (Task Task)
At System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification (Task Task)
At System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ValidateEnd (Task Task)
In Xamarin.Messaging.Ssh.MessagingService. d__67.MoveNext ()
Xamarin.VisualStudio.Remote.State.DisconnectedState | Error | 0 | Could not connect to Mac-mini-de-JOSE.local. Please try again.
Xamarin.VisualStudio.Remote.State.ServerStateContext | Information | 0 | State transition from SshConnectingState server to DisconnectedState on Mac-mini-from-JOSE.local. (192.168.1.17)
Xamarin.VisualStudio.Remote.StateServerStateContext | Information | 0 | Disconnected from Mac Mac-mini-from-JOSE.local. (192.168.1.17)
Xamarin.Messaging.Ssh.ShMessagingConnection | Error | 0 | An unexpected error occurred in the current SSH session
Renci.SshNet.Common.SshConnectionException: An established connection was aborted by the server.
In Renci.SshNet.Session.SocketRead (Int32 length, Byte [] buffer)
In Renci.SshNet.Session.ReceiveMessage ()
In Renci.SshNet.Session.MessageListener ()

Tagged:

• SebastianKruseSebastianKruse USMember ✭✭✭

Update your Xamarin on your Mac and your Visual Studio 2017 to the latest Release Version.

• SmeSme USMember ✭✭✭

If updating to the latest version of Xamarin.iOS on both your PC and mac doesn't work, check to see if there is anti-virus software on your mac that is blocking incoming requests. (ie, McAfee)

• KDWKDW USMember ✭✭

Do I need to install xamarin studio on my mac? At the moment it is not installed then that may be the problem

• JGoldbergerJGoldberger USMember, Forum Administrator, Xamarin Team, University Xamurai

I don't think you technically need Xamarin Studio, but you do need Mono and Xamarin.iOS. The error you are getting is because mono is not being found anywhere on your Mac. Installing Xamarin Studio and the rest of the Xamarin tooling on your mac would likely be the easiest way forward, as it will install Mono and Xamarin.iOS.

Link to get Xamarin Studio installer: https://www.xamarin.com/download