Can't sign in with Microsoft account?

DuncanStodart.9493DuncanStodart.9493 AUMember
edited February 2017 in Visual Studio

I get stuck in a loop when I try to sign into Xamarin Studio on Mac with my Microsoft (MSDN) account:
1- Click 'Sign in with Microsoft'
2- Go through sign in (including entry of 2nd factor authentication), and it all seems to work.
3- Says 'Waiting for authentication to complete' for a while, then nothing.

Can start at step 1 above again.
No error or other message.

Can anyone help? Can't seem to get onto Xamarin support without an account now ...

Tagged:

Answers

• avz.8538avz.8538 DEMember

Same problem here..

• AllanChin.6924AllanChin.6924 USUniversity ✭✭✭

Same problem here...

Anybody know how to get out of this loop?

• AidenZhouAidenZhou USMember

same problem here. Any one solve the problem?

• AllanChin.6924AllanChin.6924 USUniversity ✭✭✭

I've got a Microsoft incident open to resolve this issue. As soon it is, I will post the solution here.

Hang in there.

• JGoldbergerJGoldberger USMember, Forum Administrator, Xamarin Team, University Xamurai
    edited April 2017

I had this happen to me too. :-)

On my end the issue was that I was added to an Active Directory for another domain and my user account was disabled on that domain. To resolve it, I had to contact the manager of that domain to have them remove me from their AD.

To see if this may be the issue, look in /Users/<username>/.ServiceHubs/logs and see if you can find an entry in any of the log files like the following:

Error: 'Microsoft.IdentityService.Clients.ActiveDirectory.AdalSilentTokenAcquisitionException: Failed to refresh access token ---> Microsoft.IdentityService.Clients.ActiveDirectory.AdalServiceException: AADSTS50057: User account is disabled.

If so, then you can go to your Azure Dashboard, click on the ? icon in the upper right and then click on "Show Diagnostics" and look for a section in the json called "tenants". Look for any domain in the tenants section where your user account may have been disabled and contact the administrator to see about removing you from that AD domain.

This is a known issue and a future version should ignore any AD Domains where you are disabled.