Local Notifications Plugin - Image/Logo

ervaerva USMember ✭✭
edited April 2017 in Xamarin.Forms

Hello guys!
I'm using Local Notifications Plugin for Xamarin.
(https://github.com/edsnider/LocalNotificationsPlugin)
I got it working, but I have a question about the logo beside the notification.

I doesn't understand the readme in https://github.com/edsnider/LocalNotificationsPlugin

Does anyone know how to change it?
(Both on Android and iOS) .

Thanks!

• RaphaelSchindlerRaphaelSchindler USMember ✭✭✭
    edited April 2017

You should take a look at this plugin. I'm using this in a few apps. It uses your App Icon for the notifications

• gimkimgimkim THMember ✭✭

@RaphaelSchindler said:
    You should take a look at this plugin. I'm using this in a few apps. It uses your App Icon for the notifications

How do you handle the action when the notification was tapped ?
    On android, it launched a new activity replacing the current one.
    How to make it bring the current activity up without replacing the current one?
    Thanks.

@gimkim Take a look on the Application Lifecycles. You should be able to resume to the current activity in OnResume. Maybe a few more infos would be great.

edited December 2017

@RaphaelSchindler said:
    @gimkim Take a look on the Application Lifecycles. You should be able to resume to the current activity in OnResume. Maybe a few more infos would be great.

OnResume is called when the app was in sleep state and I switched back to it. I've used this method to managing state and do the messaging of the background services in my app.

But in this case when I tapped at the notification created from the plugin you mentioned,
    It called the OnCreate() in MainActivity.cs which called App() and OnStart() again. Which create another android activity re-launching the app on top on currently active app. Not resuming an existing one.

I've searched for days and found that I have to set LaunchMode = LaunchMode.SingleTop and override OnNewIntent() to make the app reuse existing activity without creating a new one. But when I tapped at the notification It still call OnCreate() not OnNewIntent() as I wanted.

edited December 2017

@gimkim Yeah, I think I found the problem, but don't pin me on it, I didn't created the plugin :)

launchIntent.SetFlags(ActivityFlags.NewTask | ActivityFlags.ClearTask); this line is from the source code. Maybe get in touch with aritchie on his github. I bet he can clarify that better.

//Edit: I just saw that you already opened an issue. Sorry. Maybe try to fork it and set some other ActivityFlags.

edited December 2017

Editing launch intent in the code and build the dll by myself worked. Thanks @RaphaelSchindler :)

• EhsanJahanagiriEhsanJahanagiri USMember ✭✭

check the link again
    https://github.com/edsnider/LocalNotificationsPlugin

LocalNotificationsImplementation.NotificationIconId = Resource.Drawable.YOU_ICON_HERE