Render issues in Android with Xamarin Forms & multiple ContentPage's

Hi All,

I have a few Forms ContentPage's, one of which hosts the CocosSharpView.

What I'm seeing when run on Android (Emulator and device) is CocosSharpView doesn't render until some other UI event happens on the page, like a Forms button click.
The ContentPage that hosts the CocosSharpView is not the first CocosSharpView (like in the move the circle example), but one of the subsequently loaded pages.

Also if I navigate to another Forms page from the page hosing the CocosSharpView then the ContentPage navigated to shows the top part of the CocosSharpView from the parent ContentPage. Again when some other UI event happens on the page the CocosSharpView disappears.

Everything renders fine in iOS and Windows devices\emulators.

Anyone know of a fix for this?

Cheers

Best Answer

Answers

• sonic1015sonic1015 CAMember ✭✭

I'd be interested in exactly how you turned off the push animations. I currently have a similar problem in that the cocosSharp View renders correctly, but other content pages in my carousel view don't render until I change the orientation while on the other content page (and then when I change my orientation while on my cocosSharp page, it goes back to not rendering the other pages). It works fine on iOS, and I haven't been able to replicate the problem in a smaller example, but there might be a long shot that your solution will work for me too.

• kiwikencoxkiwikencox NZMember

The push overloads with an animate parameter, just set this to false...
    await Navigation.PushModalAsync(new MainPage(), false);

I don't believe earlier versions of Forms had this overload though as I saw a number of posts where you had to code this logic yourself.

• sonic1015sonic1015 CAMember ✭✭

Drat, turns out it's not my problem, as I'm not using any push navigation (created the view myself to pop into someone else's code). Back to the drawing board, thanks for the help.

• BhupeshbeheraBhupeshbehera INMember ✭✭

I have 2 pages ,In first page when I click one of the item in listview,it should navigate to 2nd page and here in 2nd page snow particles are appeared.After that when I click back button,As usual it goes to first page and again when I click any of the listview items ,when it navigates to 2nd page ,snow particles disappear,It just show a black screen.

For detail codes,I am following this- https://github.com/codemillmatt/forms-particle Please help me..............