Forum Xamarin.iOS

Can't add Azure Push Notification to my Xamarin.iOS

JulienGomesJulienGomes FRDeveloper Group Leader

Hi,

I'm following this tutorial https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/articles/xamarin-notification-hubs-ios-push-notification-apns-get-started/#comments

I have setted everything but i'm stucked when it comes to add the nugget for communicating with microsoft azure notification hubs, it depends on configuration manager which cannot be installed because of this error :

Could not install package 'Microsoft.WindowsAzure.ConfigurationManager 1.7.0.0'. You are trying to install this package into a project that targets 'Xamarin.iOS,Version=v1.0', but the package does not contain any assembly references or content files that are compatible with that framework. For more information, contact the package author.

Does anyone successfully make an Xamarin.iOS app working with Azure push configuration ?

Thanks

Answers

• JohnMillerJohnMiller USForum Administrator, Xamarin Team Xamurai

@JulienGomes,

It looks like that tutorial is suggesting the use of this.

Step #2 of Create a New Project:

Add a reference to the Azure Messaging component. In the Solution view, right-click the Components folder for your project and choose Get More Components. Search for the Azure Messaging component and add the component to your project.

Does this work OK? I am not sure which NuGet package you are installing. I didn't see one mentioned in there for the app.

Later in the doc, it does suggest using https://www.nuget.org/packages/Microsoft.Azure.NotificationHubs/ for the backend, not the iOS app.

• RonFreschiRonFreschi USUniversity ✭✭

I've successfully enabled my Xamarin.iOS and Xamarin.Android project to receive notifications using Xamarin.Azure.NotificationHubs.iOS and Xamarin.Azure.NotificationHubs.Android

I'd now like to be able to send notifications from the same app but it looks like I can't install Microsoft.Azure.NotificationHubs to the PCL or platform specific projects.

What is the solution for this?