MPNowPlayingInfoCenter.DefaultCenter null in latest iOS

DanielCentoreDanielCentore USMember
edited April 2017 in Xamarin.iOS

MPNowPlayingInfoCenter.DefaultCenter seems to be null when running an app in the simulator (iOS 10.3) but not on a physical device (iOS 9.3.5).

Is there something I might be doing wrong to cause this?

• DanielCentoreDanielCentore USMember

After investigating some more, I've discovered that MPNowPlayingInfoCenter in the AssemblyBrowser houses the following:

[CompilerGenerated]
    public static MPNowPlayingInfoCenter DefaultCenter {
    [Export ("defaultCenter")]
    get;
    }

However, in the latest version of iOS, "defaultCenter" has been renamed to "default". So I'm going to guess that it's an iOS version difference, although I have no way of checking that this is the case.

Is there perhaps some workaround I could try?

Bump

• JGoldbergerJGoldberger Xamurai USMember, Forum Administrator, Xamarin Team, University Xamurai

I do not see that renaming in the iOS framework. I note that in Swift there is a method default on the type MPNowPlayingInfoCenter to get the default info center, but in Obj-C it is still a field called defaultCenter. So I have no idea why that is returning null for you. I just did a quick test and an MPNowPlayingInfoCenter object was returned on both a device (10.3.1) and simulators (10.3 and 9.3).

Can you share some sample code that is not working on the simulator?

I apologise; For some reason deleting and re-cloning the project caused it to no longer be null, so something very odd must have been going on. Even a clean in the original project did not solve it, and I am on the exact same commit. Regardless, I suppose this is invalid.