Pubnub: Use via PCL or the separate iOS/Android libraries?

I have just started working on an application that requires real-time messaging. We're currently learning how to use Pubnub, and we like it quite a bit right now! This is our first roadblock:

Pubnub has a PCL library in C#, and we would love to use it to share as much code base as possible for both Android/iOS versions of app. When we subscribe to a channel right now, it's occurring in the PCL. When a message occurs, the callback is triggered in the PCL. But how do we have that message bubble up to the UI?

I'm assuming it's possible, or else why make a Pubnub library for C# PCL? We can definitely use the Android/iOS libraries separately if we must.

Tagged:

• EricAtPubNubEricAtPubNub USMember

The PubNub C# PCL SDK is the one that we recommend you to use in your Xamarin projects.

As for bubbling up to the UI, I'm not to sure since I've never built a project with Xamarin. Hopefully someone else can help with that. But if accessing the message is what you need, please see our PCL documentation here: https://www.pubnub.com/docs/c-sharp-pcl/api-reference#subscribe_basic_usage.

If you have PubNub specific questions, feel free to email us at [email protected]

Eric

• marcfermarcfer BRMember ✭✭

@Zoenberger said:
    I have just started working on an application that requires real-time messaging. We're currently learning how to use Pubnub, and we like it quite a bit right now! This is our first roadblock:

Pubnub has a PCL library in C#, and we would love to use it to share as much code base as possible for both Android/iOS versions of app. When we subscribe to a channel right now, it's occurring in the PCL. When a message occurs, the callback is triggered in the PCL. But how do we have that message bubble up to the UI?

I'm assuming it's possible, or else why make a Pubnub library for C# PCL? We can definitely use the Android/iOS libraries separately if we must.

Hey....
    Did you get this ?
    I´m also thinking about try pubnub

Marcelo.