For weeks I'm trying to build the Android project with no success!
I got any type of erros, such as:
- Error CS0117 'Resource.String' does not contain a definition for 'status_bar_notification_info_overflow' (ALL resources are missing)
- Error "aapt.exe" exited with code - ***** (The code always varies)
- Please download https://dl-ssl.google.com/android/repository/android_m2repository_r29.zip and extract it to the /Users/MyUser/.local/share/Xamarin/Android.Support.v4/18.104.22.168/content directory. (I got this error to any folders on this directory)
- Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
Error The file "obj\Debug\android\bin\packaged_resources" does not exist.
I try to build:
- On Xamarin Studio on a Mac.
- On Visual Studio inside the Parallels Desktop, on a Mac.
- On Visual Studio in Windows.
3 different machines!!!
My Xamarin on mac and windows are updated.
My VS is Community 2015.
I install ALL the items, for all version, on Android SDK Manager above the 5.1 Lollipop.
I try to set up the target version.
Even I create a new project, and build without any changes, with that message "Welcome to Xamarin Forms!", I got the same erros!!