Get a profile provisioning error for iOS when using some Xamarin University solutions

I sometimes get the following error in iOS for some of the Xamarin University provided solutions:

/Library/Frameworks/Mono.framework/External/xbuild/Xamarin/iOS/Xamarin.iOS.Common.targets: Error: No installed provisioning profiles match the installed iOS signing identities. (Calculator.iOS)

This does not occur if I built the code from scratch and does not occur for a lot stuff I download from Github.

Anyone know what is causing this and what is the resolution?

Answers

• rene_ruppertrene_ruppert DEXamarin Team, University, XamUProfessors Xamurai

Can you please let us know for which solution(s) you are seeing this (please email directly to me: [email protected])?

To fix:
    Go to the options of the iOS project and look into "Bundle signing". There's a dropdown where you can select the "Signing Identity" and the "Provisioning Profile". First one should be set to "Developer (Automatic)", second to "Automatic".

It is possible that you do not have a valid wildcard app ID/provisioning profile. You can try and follow the instructions shown in this lightning lecture: https://university.xamarin.com/lightninglectures/setting-up-an-ios-device-for-deployment