Android Instant Apps in Xamarin

Hi there,
Probably many of you have already heard about Instant Apps, they're modular apps that are downloaded on the fly by Google Play Services and executed on the device (see here) and explanatory video here

I'd love to know when this feature will be enabled for Xamarin.Android developers.
Thanks you in advance, Luca

• I was also wondering if Xamarin have plans to support this kind of technology.

• mveroukismveroukis CAMember ✭✭✭
    Ya, it would be nice but I'm thinking the nature of the technology might make it not so feasible. Instant apps depend on the apk being split into modules (internally) and streaming them as needed to the device. Xamarin has a large initial payload just to get the mono runtime. Maybe they can make it work but it likely won't be as smooth as a native apk.

Would love to be proven wrong though as I have a xamarin app that would benefit from this.
  • AlexSAlexS USUniversity ✭✭✭

I guess main problem with shipping Mono and Xamarin.Android would be versioning of Mono and Xamarin.Android

• LuigiSaggeseLuigiSaggese ITDeveloper Group Leader ✭✭

For all people interested in this feature i have created a request on Xamarin User Voice. Vote it!

https://xamarin.uservoice.com/forums/144858-xamarin-platform-suggestions/suggestions/19444411-support-for-instant-app

• ClaudioRediClaudioRedi USMember ✭✭
    This is a great feature I hope will have ir available sooner than later