Forum Xamarin.Forms

"Featured" nuget Gallery only for XF.

BrightLeeBrightLee KRMember ✭✭✭

I'm not sure if this is the right place to bring this topic.

But if we have a "Featured" nuget Gallery specially for Forms. (or even a web page)
It will be a great boost for beginners of forms.

I've known there is the Xam's Github page which is great to know good nugets or others.
But not by some group or person but Xamarin community.

Tagged:

Rejected · Last Updated

• ClintStLaurentClintStLaurent USUniversity ✭✭✭✭✭

https://components.xamarin.com/

What constitutes "featured"? Who paid the most for top rankings?

• BrightLeeBrightLee KRMember ✭✭✭
    edited April 2017

@ClintStLaurent

I thought that more people prefer nuget Packages instead of Component these days.
    Am I wrong?

I already know there is Featured Component list but at least I don't use any of those on the list.
    It means these featured lists are useless in my opinion.

But I love Media plugin, Rg popup, Skiasharp, xabre's BLE plugin, ksemenenko's GA .... :)
    (I'm sure Daniel will come here soon)

Every time when I find good nuget, I felt bad because the fact I found it now.

Those are all nuget Packge.

• ClintStLaurentClintStLaurent USUniversity ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2017

I already know there is Featured Component list but at least I don't use any of those on the list.
    It means these featured lists are useless in my opinion.

That's my point. Who's opinion decides what is 'featured'?
    I am thrilled with rx.plugins.popups.
    But have never used SkiaSharp - and see numerous threads about it here so it makes me wonder if it is all that reliable, or just hard for people to figure out. ??
    Never used the BLE plugin
    Never heard of ksemenenko's GA

Everyone's needs are different. So maybe someone could host (and maintain) a site listing all the Xamarin friendly NuGets. With a voting feature on them. The highly rated ones will float to the top. Please share the URL of that when you get it done. {smirk}

• BrightLeeBrightLee KRMember ✭✭✭

@ClintStLaurent

I got the point and agree with you.

It would be hard to archive it because of reasons you said.

If I really really want, I should make it first myself :-)

• DavidOrtinauDavidOrtinau USForum Administrator, Xamarin Team, Insider, University Xamurai

@BrightLee yeh, this is better for a normal forum thread, instead of here in the Evolution space dedicated to design and feature proposals. If you get a curated index going, let me know.

This discussion has been closed.