Using Microsoft Visual Studio Professional 2017 (Test) Version 15.1 (26403.0)
Still have the problem... debuging is a pain... I can't believe still there after what? 3 years?
Same thing here. Debugging in Xamarin Studio on Mac OS not working in most cases..
i found, just use the fully-qualified object name
i have this issue after updating visual studio and xamarin forms ( not sure which one creates the problem )
Fully - qualified name didn't work for me.
Please any workaround ?? i don't want to Re-Install Visual Studio .
I have updated to VS2017 (15.7.5) and .forms 3.1 (from VS2015 and .forms 2.3.x) and now it works!
The whole environment now generally works better - so I can recommend the update.
Hope this helps somebody...
Thanks but i am at Visual Studio 15.8.4 with Latest Xamarin Forms 22.214.171.1249982 and to take it further.. i have download and install Visual Studio Preview.. the problem still exists in both versions.
Targeting Android Oreo
Before i was in XF 2.05 or 2.5 (i don't remember exactly ) with Visual Studio 2017 and didn't have any problems
The following link was posted a few days ago.
I am thinking to un-install both versions of Visual Studio and reinstall them again. Not sure if this fix the issue.
However i will post my sample code here were i have the issue if anyone can give some help..
Note that before it was running just fine. This happen after the update ( not sure what it causing it. Xamarin or Visual Studio )
Xamarin Inc., as a wholly-owned Microsoft subsidiary acting as a separate legal entity, adheres to the Microsoft Privacy Statement: Privacy & cookies