App linking or Connecting 2 Apps or App Integration

I have my home App which has few buttons serving different features and one of the feature is “X” and this feature “X” is developed by another vendor (in Xcode) now when I tap the X Button in my App. I should be able to open the App that is developed by the other vendor.
Fyi: user should be downloading only one App but should be able to access both the Apps

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• JGoldbergerJGoldberger USMember, Forum Administrator, Xamarin Team, University Xamurai

How can a user access an app that they have not downloaded? This does not make sense. can you clarify?

• Thank you for responding,

I might have used the word called App, but its a feature that is under development by a third party vendor. They are developing that in Xcode - Objective C, Once they finish developing they ll give us the code base (which is still in Xcode - Obj C) and I have to integrate that feature in my App.

• JGoldbergerJGoldberger USMember, Forum Administrator, Xamarin Team, University Xamurai
    Accepted Answer

You may be able to do it by creating a binding project. How complex that will be depends on what exactly is in the "feature." Here is our guide on creating iOS binding library projects:
    https://developer.xamarin.com/guides/ios/advanced_topics/binding_objective-c/