Forum General
We are excited to announce that the Xamarin Forums are moving to the new Microsoft Q&A experience. Q&A is the home for technical questions and answers at across all products at Microsoft now including Xamarin!

We encourage you to head over to Microsoft Q&A for .NET for posting new questions and get involved today.

Installation issue - Several items are missing from your Xamarin for Visual Studio Installation

Dear All,

I am trying to install Xamarin on my Windows 7 - 64bit OS but from the "Requirement" box, it shows "Xamarin" is missing "Several items missing or outdated", when I click the detail, it shows below

Xamarin.Android SDK is missing or out of date
Xamarin.iOS SDK is missing or out of date
Visual Studio 2015 extension Xamarin is missing or out of date

Would you let me know where and how to install above missing components?

thanks
Chris

Answers

• FredyWengerFredyWenger CHInsider ✭✭✭✭✭

@ChrisWong.1736
    You first have the "Xamarin Visual Studio Integration Software" (from Xamarin) to be able to start developing with Xamarin (it seems, as it is not installed on your machine) .
    I think, my starter-guide should help you (in general :smirk:):
    http://forums.xamarin.com/discussion/36821/quickstart-guide-to-start-developing-with-xamarin-forms#latest

I suggest you to have a look at the starter guide first and the install matching software (it seems as you want to start with .forms so you have to install the IS for .Forms and VS2015 (I don't have the Xamarin download link in mind but you can find it somewhere in the forum).

• RicardoPeleiraRicardoPeleira USMember ✭✭
    edited May 2016

Hi

I have a same problem with Xamarin on windows 8 -32bit but from the "Requirement" box, it shows "Xamarin" is missing "Several items missing or outdated", when I click the detail, it shows below in version 4.0.4

Visual Studio 2015 extension Xamarin is missing or out of date

I have installed the Xamarim.VisualStudio on virtual device on android but it's okay

I give a screenshot what's going on? Have I missed one of components on Xamarin in VS 2015.

First of all i am used a Visual Studio 2015 Community Update 2

• DaveHuntDaveHunt USMember ✭✭✭✭✭

Good Evening

in configuration the installation on Xamarin.Android on Visual Studio 2015 but he doesn't show Xamarin on Visual Studio in Visual Studio Tools

I will show the picture that explicits better

I follow the link but i have the same error before

What should i do?

edited May 2016

Sorry, but you're link is blocked by our corporate firewall. I won't be able to look at it until later.

edited May 2016

what link?

Do you mean the URL image?

When you run the installer and the dialog comes up saying "It appears that a few things need to be downloaded and installed", what happens when you click Next?

• dgimenodgimeno ESMember

Same issue here, I get the same error, I have installed twice visual studio, the sdk and ndk, with no results. I have followed the steps of the manual to install xamarin studio.

• SteveNgSteveNg USMember

I've encountered the same thing and tried re-installing Xamarin, and Xamarin VS 2015 Extension over and over. Only thing I haven't tried yet was reinstalling Visual Studio 2015.

• AshleyGazichAshleyGazich USMember, Xamarin Team Xamurai

@SteveNg
    This thread is quite old and may not be relevant for the issue you are having. For troubleshooting a new scenario that is not resolved by the steps earlier in this thread, I would recommend creating a new forum discussion or question and including relevant logs and version info. It may be worth seeing if running the .msi by hand or manual installation helps. Thanks!