Where am I going wrong?
- Fresh install of Windows 10 Pro
- Connect to our corporate domain.
- Install Visual Studio Community 2017.
- File > New > Project - Templates, Visual C#, Cross-Platform, Cross Platform App (Xamarin.Forms or Native)
- Select Blank App, Xamarin.Forms, Portable Class Library (PCL). Click OK
- Creating project 'App10.....'
- For Universal Applications select the default. Target Version = Windows 10 Anniversary Update (10.0 14393), Minimum Version = Windows 10 (10.0 10586). Click OK
I see the following in the error list.
So far I have done the following (thanks to @slikvik) in this post https://forums.xamarin.com/discussion/91262/rant-how-have-ms-released-vs2017-without-a-working-xamarin-template-and-how-to-get-it-working#latest
- Tools > NuGetPackage Manager > Package Manager Console
- install-package Microsoft.NETCore.UniversalWindowsPlatform
- I see... Attempting to gather dependency information for package 'Microsoft.NETCore.UniversalWindowsPlatform.5.3.1' with respect to project 'App10.Android' etc...
I get the following errors at the end of this...
I have also done the following...
- Tools > Android > Android SDK Manager
- Installed all of API 25.
**Any help with any of the above much appreciated. **
By goal is to get the default template to compile, build and run - something it should do out of the box?