UiNavigationController not pushing ViewController

JPHochbaumJPHochbaum USMember ✭✭✭
edited March 2017 in Xamarin.Forms

This app is already in the app store, and it works fine.
I went to make some changes in a completely different class and all of a sudden this view is not getting pushed when it makes it into this condition.
The app freezes up on my settings page, which is the first page in the viewcontroller stack. I wanted to mess around with some changes and test it and running into this. I restarted Xamarin Studios and the simulator thinking they were buggy.

Anyone run into something like this before?

if (test.Length >= 4)
{
       ViewController controller = this.Storyboard.InstantiateViewController("ViewController") as ViewController;
       this.NavigationController.PushViewController(controller, true);
 } 

Answers

• JohnMillerJohnMiller USForum Administrator, Xamarin Team Xamurai

@JPHochbaum,

I'm not sure there is enough here to troubleshoot. I noticed you posted in the Xamarin.Forms category. Where is this code within your Forms app?

• JPHochbaumJPHochbaum USMember ✭✭✭

Oh shoot wrong forum. I am rebuilding the App in the app store into xamarin.forms, and got used to posting in this forum sorry!

I wish I could give more to troubleshoot. But there are no errors popping up, it just freezes.

But I did look at my application Output Window and noticed several threads starting. If you think this could be the culprit I will investigate it.

"Resolved pending breakpoint at 'connectionDataView.cs:24,20' to void RiskMobile.connectionDataView..ctor (System.IntPtr handle) [0x0003d].
    Thread started: #4
    Thread started: #5
    Thread started: #6
    Thread started: #7
    Thread started: #8
    Thread started: #9"

• JPHochbaumJPHochbaum USMember ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017

So the issue is a solution specific issue here. I have other solution in which the simulator works. When I try it on my iPhone it gets stuck on the Waiting to connect line in the debugging window.

On the simulator it freezes on the first page in the Navigation stack.

Any insight into what could be causing this please let me know. I do have the iOS simulator Debug Log but don't want to paste it here. Is there anyway I could send it to someone to have them look it over?