Could not connect to the debugger

My Xamarin iOS app will build successfully, however, during launch it will flash a black screen and immediately return to my phones home screen exiting my app without an error.
Upon reviewing Xamarin Studio, the status appears at top:

Waiting for debugger to connect to Phone on port 10000 view USB...

and simply hangs for ~90 seconds. Afterwards the message "Could not connect to the debugger" appears within Xamarin Studio

How can this be alleviated?

Best Answer

• KimiebiAkahKimiebiAkah US
    Accepted Answer

I got this to work. I had not updated the info.plist with the proper code to permit Facebooks domains, rolled out for iOS 9 developers.facebook.com/docs/facebook-login/ios, this is closed

Answers

• SebastianKruseSebastianKruse USMember ✭✭✭

Looks like the App crashes on launch before the debugger is connected. Does this problem also happend with new empty projects?

• KimiebiAkahKimiebiAkah USMember

No it does not occur with new projects. I am attempting to add the Xamarin Facebook iOS package to my project. Here the sample works: https://github.com/MattHarrington/FacebookiOSSample, but attempting to follow and incorporate into my new project throws the errors noted above.

• KimiebiAkahKimiebiAkah USMember
    Accepted Answer

I got this to work. I had not updated the info.plist with the proper code to permit Facebooks domains, rolled out for iOS 9 developers.facebook.com/docs/facebook-login/ios, this is closed

This discussion has been closed.