What would you like to see from a video tutorial?

nodoidnodoid GBMember, Beta ✭✭✭

Hi,

Following on from my upcoming Xamarin.iOS book from Packt, they've asked if I'd be interested in doing a cross platform video tutorial which I need to be working on this weekend so I can prepare a draft to them on Monday.

Question is this - what would people want to see from such a series? I'm thinking quite a simple cross platform app showing how it's done and how to keep the code portable. I'm open to ideas, but I need to be working on it tomorrow (UK time), so there is about 18 hours to get ideas.

Paul

• CheesebaronCheesebaron DKInsider, University mod

I've been contacted by Packt several times, and upon replying they do not seem like they are very serious in answering any questions as I have never heard back from them. So I would be careful with them.

With that said I'd love some in depth videos about anything cross-platform related, as I have all the basics down myself, and some.

• nodoidnodoid GBMember, Beta ✭✭✭

They can be a bit slow in answering questions, but usually do.

That said, they're not very clued up about Xamarin itself (I and my business partner had to teach them that what they were asking for was pointless as what they're asking will have around 80% of the same material in them!).

I'm thinking of a simple messenger app written cross platform covering sqlite, a common system of storing settings, separation of business logic from UI and then using about 80% of the same code between platforms and then demonstrating the UI aspects.

I will need a web service for that. Anyone at Xamarin fancy providing that?

• CheesebaronCheesebaron DKInsider, University mod

For a messenger app I would look at SignalR along with Azure.