Upload application on google play ( Alpha release )

ZoobZoob AEMember ✭✭
edited March 2017 in Xamarin.Forms

I've created an application for employee Time & attendance and now wanted to upload on google play. I have followed all the steps listed on following link.

https://developer.xamarin.com/guides/android/deployment,testing,_and_metrics/publishing_an_application/part_3-_publishing_an_application_on_google_play/

When i upload my apk, i am getting attached image error.

Please note that my apk was created in release mode. But, I'm bit confused on foll
owing line in attached image error

Your APK's package name must be in the following format "com.example.myapp"

Best Answer

Answers

• ZoobZoob AEMember ✭✭

My apk name is "HRworksPlus.HRworksPlus-Signed.apk"

• ClintStLaurentClintStLaurent USUniversity ✭✭✭✭✭

Package name. Not file name. The name assigned in the properties.

Right-click on the Droid project. Click properties.
    Choose the Android Manifest group.
    See the second entry Package name

• ZoobZoob AEMember ✭✭

@ClintStLaurent Thanks indeed for your swift response. I really appreciate your help. Now i am getting following error. I have attached vs screen shot as well where you can see i am making apk in release mode.

• ClintStLaurentClintStLaurent USUniversity ✭✭✭✭✭

Sorry... No guess. Maybe you used an older build by mistake. Grabbed the wrong archive file when you did the signing... There's a dozen picky details between the Keytool program, zipalign and visual studio. I've spent entire days chasing them down myself.

• Amar_BaitAmar_Bait DZMember ✭✭✭✭

The error message is clear, you used Debug key to sign your APK. You need to sign it with a release key (a key you create) and store it safely (if you loose the key or forgot its password, you won't be able to update the app). To create a new key, swith to Release configuration in VS, then right click on Android project and select Publish. You'll be given the chance to create a new key.

• ZoobZoob AEMember ✭✭

@ClintStLaurent Thanks for your help.

I've uploaded application on google play ( Alpha release ). But is it possible that i can send its link to my management so that they can download and play by any chance ?

Regards
    TA

• ZoobZoob AEMember ✭✭

@nadjib Yes, i was using wrong apk. Now i have uploaded under alpha release. Can you please answer my above question ?

• ZoobZoob AEMember ✭✭

@nadjib Thanks for your help. I have created tester list and added one email address. Now which link i should send to my management so that they can download and test the app. Screenshot is attached.

3.png 16.6K