How do i build a release iOS ipa file in visual studio 2015 so i can upload it to itunesconnect?

EwoudvdWerfEwoudvdWerf USMember ✭✭✭

How do i build a release iOS ipa file in visual studio 2015 so i can upload it to itunesconnect?

Best Answer

Answers

• JohnMillerJohnMiller USForum Administrator, Xamarin Team Xamurai
  • EwoudvdWerfEwoudvdWerf USMember ✭✭✭

Hey @JohnMiller i have looked at this guide, i have also noticed that the options "Ad-Hoc" and "AppStore" don't show up in my project, but i didn't quite understand what i need to do with the "Entitlements.plist", in my project the file is just empty

@EwoudvdWerf,

Excellent! It's alright if you don't have the AdHoc or AppStore configurations. You can use Release instead. The Entitlements.plist might be empty if you haven't required any Entitlements for your app to function. Take a look through the guide on Entitlements for more info.

@JohnMiller i just found out that the provisioning profile was set to "automatic" and i just have set it to "iOS Team Provisioning Profile: com.ewoudwerf.*", but now i am getting an error when i wan't to build the app The specified iOS provisioning profile '18d55e20-c0df-496a-a8f7-dd6f8403d40c' could not be found

@JohnMiller I have managed to fix alot of issues and my only problem is now this:

@EwoudvdWerf,

It sounds like you are not using an App Store provision. You'll want to follow the provisioning guide to create a Distribution provision.

Next, make sure your "Bundle Identifier" in the info.plist file is set to the App ID you create in the guide above. It should be a value like this:

com.mycompany.appid

For your example, it might be something like:

com.ewoudwerf.myapp where myapp could be whatever your app name is.

@JohnMiller I was using a wildcard, i changed it to the bundle id and now it works

@JohnMiller I wanted to build the app for release but then i got this error:

But I don't wan't to enable debugging because it's for release