Forum Visual Studio

Visual Studio 2017 stucks on Xamarin Andorid Settings

I just installed Visual Studio 2017 with Xamarin. Because I have downloaded and installed JDK, Android SDK and NDK I have unchecked those packages in the installer.

I tried to create a Xamarin.Forms project in VS2017 but it had stuck on "Creating a new project" for couple of minutes and there was no luck! I've checked Xamarin logs and I understood Xamarin cannot find JDK, Android SDK and NDK paths.

When I about to open Android Settings in Visual Studio to set those paths, VS2017 again hangs forever. What I have had done wrong?

PS:
I attached Visual Studio 2017 and Xamarin logs.

Best Answer

• AliBahraminzhad.1068AliBahraminzhad.1068 USMember
    Accepted Answer

OK!
    I just solved the problem by setting Windows Registry Keys for AndroidSdkDirectory, AndroidSdkDirectory

Answers

• AliBahraminzhad.1068AliBahraminzhad.1068 USMember
    Accepted Answer

OK!
    I just solved the problem by setting Windows Registry Keys for AndroidSdkDirectory, AndroidSdkDirectory

• Mark.2757Mark.2757 CNMember

@AliBahraminzhad.1068 said:
    OK!

I had got the same issue. Can you give more details about how to set the AndroidSdkDirectory? THX.

• AhdzleeAhdzlee USMember

Thanks @AliBahraminzhad.1068 for the hint on setting AndroidSdkDirectory on the registry.

To all who might face the same issue, I was able to solve mine by setting and/or adding the following registry values under "HKCU\SOFTWARE\Xamarin\VisualStudio\15.0_xxxxxxxx\Android" key

• AndroidSdkDirectory
    • AndroidNdkDirectory
    • JavaSdkDirectory

Hope this helps.

Cheers!

• @Mark.2757 said:

@AliBahraminzhad.1068 said:
    OK!

I had got the same issue. Can you give more details about how to set the AndroidSdkDirectory? THX.

You need to set keys @Ahdzlee mentioned in the registry to solve the problem.