Newbie question - how to install components into Visual Studio for Xamarin? (PCLStorage and SQLite)

CaseCase ✭✭✭USMember ✭✭✭

I am creating a pretty large project in Xamarin.Forms, cross-platform for iOS, Android, and UWP using Visual Studio 2015.

Things are going well, but now I need SQLite and FileSystem access.

I see people recommend PclStorage for file systems, and when looking into it I found https://components.xamarin.com/view/pclstorage.

I downloaded a .zip file, but how do I install it?

I tried hunting for it in NuGet Package manager, but only find version 1.0.2 whereas the zip is 1.0.2.2.

Also looking for a SQLite package to use ...

Best Answer

Answers

• mattwardmattward Xamurai GBMember Xamurai

You can install it directly from the component store within Xamarin Studio or Visual Studio without having to download it.

• CaseCase ✭✭✭ USMember ✭✭✭

Thank you, and I do see it in the component store, but, it is version 1.0.2 and not version 1.0.2.2 as is the download. So my question remains is how do I manually install a downloaded component?

• CaseCase ✭✭✭ USMember ✭✭✭

Ah, I think I am seeing the issue. I was using the NuGet package manager in Visual Studio 2015 and it is most definitely v.1.0.2 build in Jan 2015. I just figured out how to launch the Component Store in Visual Studio and can now see it correctly.
    Thank you!