Forum Xamarin Xamarin.Android

Can't set SDK target compatible with Google Play Developer Store

alextnalextn USMember ✭✭

So here is my situation: my company has an application on Google Store developed with Android Studio and I reworked the application with Xamarin Studio. So now I try to upload it as a v2 on the Google Store but I have this following error message:

Unable to publish this configuration for the following reason (s):
It is forbidden to return to an earlier version of the files (SDK target 22 and earlier) on devices that previously used Android permissions. This occurs when switching from version 1 (target SDK 23) to version 2 (target SDK 0).

So my problem is that old application has SDK 23 and mine has SDK 0 / no SDK associated; I can confirme that in the APK details on Google Play page:

old one (version 1):

API level     18+ 
SDK target    23 

new one (version 2):

API level     23+ 
SDK target    - 

But I don't understand why I don't have any "SDK target" on my new version ; because there is my AndroidManifest.xml:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<manifest xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android" android:versionCode="2" android:versionName="2" package="mypackage">
    <uses-sdk android:minSdkVersion="18"
        android:targetSdkVersion="23"
        android:compileSdkVersion="23" />
</manifest>

Waiting for the slightest idea,
Regards.

Best Answer

• alextnalextn USMember ✭✭
    Accepted Answer

Problem solved: it was a reference (Java.Interop), I added to tried a difference SDK, was crashing the build app so it was not the good app version I uploaded on the store.

Answers

• alextnalextn USMember ✭✭
    Accepted Answer

Problem solved: it was a reference (Java.Interop), I added to tried a difference SDK, was crashing the build app so it was not the good app version I uploaded on the store.