Xamarin.Forms iOS beginner question. How to distribute to app store from Windows. IPA/ZIP?

WinterCloudWinterCloud GBMember ✭✭✭

My environment, VS2015, Mac is slow, I'm trying to do as much as possible on Windows machine.

I followed this guide.

https://developer.xamarin.com/guides/ios/deployment,_testing,_and_metrics/app_distribution/app-store-distribution/publishing_to_the_app_store/#Submitting_Your_App_to_Apple

No matter which of the two options you chose above to build your application distributable, you need to move to the Mac Build Host to submit your application to Apple for review using the Application Loader app.

When the guide introducing how to upload the package to app store, it mentioned above. However, in that guide there is only one way to create IPA file.

I've done Android Ad-Hoc build before, you have to select a signing file manually every time. From the picture of that guide,

I'm guessing when VS build Ad-Hoc IPA, it automatically getting signing info from Mac? Is this correct?

And, what's the ZIP file for? and what's the difference between ZIP and IPA?

Thanks in advance.

• WinterCloudWinterCloud GBMember ✭✭✭

This is the bit the guide mentioned how to upload.

1. Select Deliver Your App and click the Choose button: 2. Select the zip or IPA file you created above and click the OK button.

So, I can only see one way to create IPA, I'm trying to figure out what's the ZIP file, and what's the difference.

Thanks.